In the first few months of 2013, there were more than 70 tornadoes in Oklahoma. These tornadoes caused extensive damage to real and personal property. Winds, rain, flooding, pelting hailstorms and lightning wreaked havoc on homes, buildings and all kinds of property. Thankfully, a large number of homeowners, renters and commercial property have insurance policies with tornado coverage. Unfortunately, however, insurance companies often avoid paying policyholders the amounts that they are entitled to under the terms of their policies. If you feel an insurance company took advantage of you and did not pay what they should have, four highly experienced and knowledgeable law firms – McIntyre Law, P.C., Foshee & Yaffe, McDonald Law Firm and Harrison Davis Steakley Morrison P.C. – have joined forces to help Oklahoma tornado victims obtain the insurance compensation they deserve.
- Refusing to comply with one or more terms of the insurance policy
- Avoiding meeting with the policyholder – not taking their calls or answering their emails or keeping scheduled appointments
- Refusing to act within a reasonable time
- Refusing to conduct a full and fair inspection of the damaged property
- Misrepresentation of one or more terms of the policy
- Refusing to come to a good faith settlement
- Denying coverage that clearly is in the policy
- Other illegal, unfair or questionable conduct that is not in compliance with the policy and violates the terms of the agreement
Despite their extensive advertising and promises to treat the policyholder fairly, it is well known that insurance companies often offer lowball, insufficient settlement amounts. The attorneys at our firms have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and we aggressively represent clients who have been treated unfairly. When we contact your insurance company, they know they are dealing with professionals and in most instances they are far more likely to offer a reasonable and fair settlement amount. If they do not, we will not hesitate to take them to court. Cases are taken on a consignment basis and there are no legal fees unless we successfully settle, resolve or win your case. To schedule a free case, call us at (877)568-8315.